Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Brokeback Mountain Notes - The Females

I give you: The Williams Center: http://www.thewilliamscenter.com/
Thank god. Now that Jen, A.K.A. Michelle Williams, has been nominated for an Academy Award we're really going to need this place.
I have some trouble seeing Ms. Williams/Mrs. Ledger as anything except a-little-bit-more-round-than-Katie Holmes Dawson's girlfriend with a bubble in her throat but she was pretty good in BB Mountain.

You know who was better though?

Since Freaks and Geeks Linda Cardellini has been a Scooby-Doo gang member and now in Brokeback Mountain she's Innis' (Heath Ledger) second attempt at female companionship. MTV's Larry Carroll says she "may be in the process of setting the record for most diverse back-to-back projects." Cardellini was so good in Mountain that I didn't recognize her as Lindsay. I'm always surprised when young actors can, you know, act.

But also, who was this cutie pie? Anne Hathaway, originally from Brooklyn, was in The Princess Diaries (which I have not seen) and is soon to appear in the movie version of The Devil Wears Prada. At first I mistook her for fabulous Parker Posey but even after realizing my mistake, I was not unhappy to see her. She gave a good performance, I thought - There's nothing quite like a cowgirl and Hathaway played the character as spritely, coy and cold. (The cold part mostly because it is my opinion that her character was an accomplice to Jack's murder.)

2 Comments:

Blogger cc said...

my god did you smoke crack or something...so many posts in a row after so few...yee haw.

p.s. i think ann hathaway was okay but really...have you seen her in princess diaries or ella enchanted (she's pretty bad)

7:30 AM  
Blogger Susan Kirby-Smith said...

poor princess.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home